Monday, April 14, 2014

Lucy Dresser

I had been on the hunt for a small chest to use in my entry way for a while! I had this empty wall that was really needing some love. :) I have this slight addiction to browsing craigslist on a daily basis, but sometimes it pays off! I scored this beauty for $60! It did take me over half an hour on good ol' Kentucky backroads to find the place....but still. I was a happy girl!


I had some leftover paint I had used in my office and decided to use it up. Sherwin Williams - Valspar vanilla bean! Its such a soft yellow... I just love it.



I wish I had taken pictures while taking the THREE layers of veneer off the top of this dresser....can you say nightmare? I finally stole my husbands hand planer and that seemed to do the trick. Here it is with a stripped top and one coat of paint. I stained the top with Minwax Special Walnut ( I think...hehe) and distressed the dresser for an antique look. I sealed the top with Johnson's Paste Wax. I have since discovered Annie Sloan's wax....I don't think I'll ever use paste wax again!!!





Ta-dah!







2 comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS