Friday, January 13, 2012

End Table Makeover

So we bought these lovely things a few years back. I noticed the other day that the black paint on the top was beginning to chip! Probably because we have no coasters ;) Again I got ahead of myself before I remembered to stop and take a picture! So these pictures have stripper on top already, but you can see where the paint was chipping off.
So I used stripper for the top because it is easier than trying to sand it all off. I was scared because I had no idea what kind of wood was underneath! ...or what shape it would be in. I have tried 3 or 4 different strippers on my projects and this one is my absolute favorite!!! Its very potent though, so wear gloves or it will burn your skin!
I was very pleased to see that underneath all that black paint was a beautiful piece of wood!!!! So I brushed some stain on top ( Minwax / Provincial) and then added a few coats of satin polycrylic. Love that stuff! And voila :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful table, it really turned out Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx! Kinda a bad picture of it though, I need to take a better one!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS