Saturday, April 26, 2014

Ikea Rast Hack Copy Cat

Hello everyone! My mother-in-law has been in search of nightstands for quite some time and wasn't having much luck finding something she loved. She asked me to help and I immediately hit up Pinterest for some inspiration! I stumbled onto a few Ikea hacks and fell in love with the Ikea Rast dresser hack from TheTurquoiseHome. If only I were as creative as that! My blog should be titled big fat copycat... *wink* Now Ikea is just under 3 hours away from me...sigh. But thankfully I was already planning a trip that weekend so it worked out perfectly. Here are the dressers before...well sort of. As usual I got ahead of myself and started working before I took a before picture haha...


Materals I used:

Lattice  - 9 pieces at 8ft 
Wood glue
8 ft of baseboard
2 - 1x4x8 for planked top
1 - 1x3x6 for planked top
(or any combination of scrap wood you may have laying around)
Paint, stain, etc.

I am not the best at taking in-between pictures but I did manage to snag one!



After this came several coats of paint, some glazing, and polycrylic to seal and protect. Since i needed 6 knobs for each nightstand I knew it could get pricey! Enter Ebay. 99 cent knobs plus free shipping. ^_^ 

And here is the finished product!




Now my mother-in-law needs matching bedside lamps to make it complete :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS