Thursday, January 26, 2012

Farmhouse Table Makeover

I was searching for a new dining room table and had fallen in love with the Pottery Barn tables, but knew It was absolutely not in my budget! So I came up with a plan to create my own. I started scouring craigslist until I found this beauty!!!! I fell in love with the legs of this table and also the fact the top was planked.

The first thing I did was strip the top and sand it down really well - Here is my handsome hubby helping me!
Next I wiped it down really good with mineral spirits to clean it off really good. Then I put one coat of stain on the top. ( I think it was Dark Walnut) I really liked the way it looked so I didn't bother to put another coat on. Then I sanded the legs and painted them white - I wish I could remember the color...I'm sure I could dig up the can somewhere. Then I roughed them up a little and put a brown glaze on them.
Isn't She Lovely? :) Of course I needed chairs.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS