Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dining Chairs

I needed chairs to go with my table, so back to craigslist I went! I found these pretty chairs for a great deal and they came with a round table as well. Once again you can see my sweet hubby helping out :) Loved the style of the chairs, but the color had to go. I sanded them down best I could and painted them white - all except for the seat. I wanted to stain the seat to match the table top - so I had to strip the seats (which was a huge pain!!!!) took forever, but the outcome was worth it. :) I also sealed the seat with satin polycrylic.
I also sanded the edges some and used a brush to wipe on some glaze to make it look antique :)
It took me several months to get every chair done - It will be a long time before I attempt such a large project again! But I do love it soooooooo! Here it is all together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS